Help children with their education
Currently, JOYE sponsors over 250 children. In order to maintain the sponsorship of these students, we need your generous support and help. This support can be done by:
- Sponsoring and paying for the tuition of a child or children for a year or more
- Donate school supplies to distribute to schools
- Support after-school tutoring programs for students who need extra help
- Financial support to assist in building new schools and improving distressed schools
Every day in rural communities and poor urban centers throughout sub-Saharan Africa, hundreds of millions of people suffer from a lack of access to clean, safe water. This often forces those living in water deprived regions to turn to unsafe water resources, which, according to the World Health Organization, contributes to the spread of waterborne diseases including typhoid fever, cholera, dysentery and diarrhea, and to the spread of diseases such as malaria whose vectors rely on such water resources, and can lead to diseases such as trachoma, plague, and typhus.
At JOYE, we are working to ease the burden of providing clean, safe water sources to villages in The Gambia. Your donations will help us to provide wells in villages that will give people in these poor rural communities access to a reliable water source.
At JOYE, we take a holistic approach to youth development. This means our focus does not begin and end with providing tuition, but overall development by investing in the community as a whole. We believe that this approach is more meaningful and produces a better impact. To achieve this project, we need:
- Sporting gear such as jerseys, soccer balls, cleats, etc.
- Sponsors for sporting tournaments in the communities
- Educators to help establish debate competitions, reading programs, etc.
- Volunteers to encourage and instill the spirit of volunteerism and community service among all JOYE beneficiaries
Help Develop Vibrant Communities
JOYE strongly believes in developing healthy and vibrant communities. Our students live within these communities, and by empowering them, we give them the opportunity to transform their lives. The communities we are involved in need the following:
- Wells that will provide clean drinking water for rural communities
- Fruit and vegetable seeds to families to promote sustainable nutrition
- Medical supplies and equipment for communities without easy access to healthcare